WAYS TO GIVE
All donations made to SOS Children’s Villages South Africa are exempt from donations tax and qualify the donor for deductions from taxable income in accordance with the income tax act 58 of 1962.
For your donation, you will receive a Section 18A tax certificate enabling you to claim a deduction from personal or corporate taxable income. Annual tax certificates will be issued at the end of the financial year unless requested earlier.
Tax-deductible donations (Section 18A receipts)
The South African Government has recognised that certain organisations are dependent upon the generosity of the public, and to encourage that generosity the government has provided a tax deduction for certain donations made by taxpayers.
A taxpayer making a bona fide donation in cash or in kind to a section 18A-approved organisation, is entitled to a deduction from taxable income if the donation is supported by the necessary Section 18A receipt issued by the organisation or, in certain circumstances, by an employee’s tax certificate reflecting the donations made by the employee. The amount of donations that may qualify for a tax deduction is limited.
Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com to request a copy of your annual tax certificate.
To read more about PBO and Section 18A criteria, click here to log on to the SARS website.
LEGACY GIVING: A GIFT IN YOUR WILL
What better way to be remembered than to have given a child a future? Leaving a gift to SOS Children’s Villages South Africa in your will can ensure we continue to provide support and care for children, young people and families and in doing so make a lasting impact. By leaving us a gift in your will you can continue to transform the lives of future generations of at-risk children.
A gift in your will could:
- Ensure the world’s most vulnerable children grow up in a supportive family environment
- Provide children with the life-changing opportunity of an education
- Create lasting change by strengthening communities impacted by poverty and disaster
- Help ensure our work continues long into the future and gives hope for a lifetime
We understand that leaving a legacy is a special and personal decision. We will use your gift wisely and cost-effectively so that it has the greatest impact for children, families and communities.
If you would like to discuss a legacy gift with us, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to call Rashilla Francis at +27 84 444 3495/ +27 33 386 – 9605 or e-mail to Rashilla.Francis@sos.org.za
SPONSOR A PROGRAMME
As the sponsor of an SOS village you can help support the loving care, health, education and supportive community life of children who have been given a new home through SOS Children’s Villages. When we take a child into our care, they become part of an SOS family.
These families live together in a community known as an SOS Children’s Village. Our SOS Villages provide children with an environment in which they can play, form strong relationships and enjoy their childhood in its entirety. A typical Children’s Village has 10-15 homes.
When young people are ready to leave the Village, they stay in SOS youth facilities until they are ready for independent life. But we don’t just send children to school.
We ensure they receive quality education and all the support they need to flourish. We don’t just treat children when they’re sick, but work to ensure they are protected against illness. We don’t just put a roof over their heads, but give each child a loving family for life.
SOS Children’s Villages believes that every child deserves a loving home. The support of corporations and foundations helps us make this vision a reality for more than 1 million children and families across the globe. From cause campaigns to corporate grants to employee engagement, the ways to support SOS Children’s Villages are as varied as the children we serve.
Corporate Partners SOS Children’s Villages SA offers our partners a highly-respected global brand that has impacted the lives of millions of children around the world. With over 500 Children’s Villages in 134 countries and territories, we have a worldwide network that will help companies of all sizes fulfil their social responsibility objectives. Our Corporate Partnerships team can help create unique partnerships that include corporate philanthropy, marketing campaigns, employee engagement, and other valuable benefits.
Types Of Partnership
SOS Children’s Villages envisions a world in which every child enjoys a loving home and family. To help us realise that vision, we invite corporations and foundations to work with us. Funds will help provide children with a safe and loving home, a family, nutritious food, clean water, access to medical services, and an education.
SOSCVSA works with each corporate partner to build a programme that is customised to advance both their business objectives and our non-profit mission:
- Build upon shared visions and values
- Meet mutual objectives through custom marketing plans
- Enable engagement in meaningful, multinational campaigns with targeted local impact
- Enhance reputations as responsible global corporate citizens
There are many ways to partner with SOS Children’s Villages SA:
- Direct Donations
Companies can donate directly to SOS, or directly support a specific SOS Programme. These include alternative Family-Based Care programmes, Family Strengthening Programmes, Youth Vocational training, Entrepreneurship and Income generating activities, Human Resource Development, Information and Communications Technology and Child Rights Advocacy.
- Employee Engagement
- Through hosting fundraisers,
- Providing matching gift contributions, or other work-based mechanisms, your employees can show their commitment to helping the world’s most vulnerable citizens – orphaned and abandonedvv children.
- Read our Partnership Guidelines; if your company sounds like a fit, email Mandy.Spies@sos.org.za for more information.
- Partnership Guidelines
Our corporate partners help us reach new audiences, while raising funds to support orphaned and abandoned children around the world.
SOSCVSA welcomes the opportunity to develop corporate marketing partnerships. The following guidelines will help you determine if a partnership with SOSSA will help meet your business objectives.
We look for partners that:
- Have a solid history and strong brand image (a minimum of one year in business is preferred).
- Want to make a significant, clearly-defined contribution to the global community.
- Provide products or services that offer a natural affinity to SOS through demonstrated shared values, such as a focus on children, family, or moms.
- Embrace social responsibility through any of the following: History of philanthropic activity and/or donations, especially supporting children’s causes globally through donations, in-kind support and other forms of assistance;
- History of supporting employee actions such as community outreach, volunteering, payroll donations, or matching gifts; and CSR policy in place and history of active implementation.
- SOSCVSA will not enter into partnerships with companies engaged in the sale of alcohol, tobacco, arms and weapons, and gambling (except charity lotteries).
- SOSCVSA will not enter into partnerships with companies that utilise child labor in any aspect of their activities or supply chain.
- Although SOSCVSA is the beneficiary of donations through its partnerships, we have no ability to sell or distribute products for our partners. While SOSCVSA may publicly acknowledge its corporate partners, we cannot advertise for our partners or promote our partners’ products and services because of our non-profit status. To help raise awareness of SOSCVSA, we ask our partners to publish our URL (www.sossouthafrica.org.za) and associated messaging on all promotional materials, press releases, and other partnership outreach materials.
- SOSCVSA is happy to provide partners with language to use for this purpose. For all marketing programmes, SOSCVSA requests that partners provide consumers information about our work around the world, along with a way to contact SOSCVSA for further information.
- SOSCVSA owns the registration for the SOSCVSA name and logo. These are licensed marks, and written permission is required for their use. In order to use these licensed marks, a company must enter into a written contract with SOSCVSA outlining how the company will use the licensed marks.
- Cause-related Marketing
Without a fully-executed contract, use of the SOSCVSA name and/or logo is strictly prohibited. Sale of Products and Commercial Co-Venture If you wish to contribute a percentage of proceeds from the sale of a product, you must provide a sample to SOS Children’s Villages for review. We accept drawings and/or photos in cases where the product is still in development. In its simplest terms, a commercial co-venture is a relationship where a company promoting a product or service fully discloses to the public that a specified portion of the proceeds will benefit a cause. SOSSA cannot give legal advice to organisations or corporations that conduct programmes or promotions with us; we advise them to seek legal counsel to ensure that they comply with these registration requirements.
An SOS Family Home is a loving, family-like environment, for children without parental care. Your CSI contribution towards an SOS Family Home, provides an SOS Family, with up to 8 children, with a qualified carer, the SOS Mother, an education suited to their needs, nutritious meals, access to good healthcare, clean water and minor building maintenance. Many of the children we care for have had difficult life experiences and for those children with specific needs, we provide remedial tuition, trauma counselling and psychological support.
Does your Corporate Social Investment policy aim to contribute both financially and through staff involvement? Do you want to be certain that your investment and involvement will create immense impact? Family Home Sponsorship presents an ideal opportunity for you. Through an annual contribution of R150 000 you will be allocated a specific family in a specific village whom you will sponsor. Your donation will be used to supplement the running costs of the house. As the house sponsor you will be welcome to visit the children and even to take them on outings. Some sponsors take the children to the zoo or to a fun park. Birthdays can be celebrated. Many sponsors stay involved for years and get to see the children grow and develop. This is a mutually rewarding partnership. We would welcome your enquiries. Please email our Corporate Fundraising Team Leader – firstname.lastname@example.org