CHILD & YOUTH CARE WORKER TRAINEE
SOS Children’s Villages is a social development organisation, focusing on the care, protection and development of children and youth who are orphaned or vulnerable. Our mission is to build families for children in need, help them to shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
We are in the process of recruiting a CHILD AND YOUTH CARE WORKER TRAINEE (CYCW/T) to be based at Rustenburg.
THE CHILD AND YOUTH CARE WORKER TRAINEE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Moving between SOS Family Homes, relieving residential Child and Youth Care Workers who are on leave or who require her assistance.
- Working together with the SOS as a “team” to provide the basic and developmental care for the children and Youth under their care.
- The Child and Youth Care Worker Trainee is an important member of the SOS Family, and should be a caring, understanding, mature and responsible figure, which the children & youth can see as their “role model”.
THE CHILD AND YOUTH CARE WORKER TRAINEE WILL BE EXPECTED TO:
- Reside full-time with the children in her care.
- Act as an assistant to the senior CYCW`s.
- Assist the senior Child and Youth Care Workers in ensuring the well-being of the Children & Youth.
- Support the senior Child and Youth Care Workers in guiding the children to take responsibility.
- Assist the senior Child and Youth Care Worker with household tasks.
- Be a supportive figure to the SOS children & youth.
- Prepare and Submit Monthly claims in respect of expenditures (Books)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- A qualification or progress towards a qualification in child and youth care work.
- A driver’s license would be an advantage.
- Administrative experience would be an advantage.
- 3 Years’ experience in working with children & youth.
- Be willing to work irregular hours.
The successful incumbent will be joining a team that is undergoing rapid and dynamic organisational change, and must be willing to be very flexible in their work, accepting that their job description will be subject to changes in line with the SOS Children’s Village Programme Policy and legislation where required.
A detailed job description is available on request.
EMAIL APPLICATIONS TO: The Human Resources Department: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 011 234 4844 (candidates using fax must please call HR on 011 234 8708 to verify that their applications have been received)
Only successful applicants will be contacted